Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Phase one is done!

Today I saw Dr Taub's chief resident who also assisted in the surgery and Dr Taub through the the phone and pics..they decided I was done turning the device and my bite is lined up and everything looks great.

They wanted me to go see the orthodontist to be sure he agreed and he did.  He closed up the device with a piece of wire through the hole and tied it so it does not turn backwards.  And then he covered it up so it does not irritate my tongue.

I go back to see Dr Taub again next week for a final check to see how the healing is coming along.

I will go back to see the ortho on Dec 29th to have the device removed and a retainer made.  I I'll be counting the days until then...can't wait to have this device out of my mouth..

I think I will get a break for a few weeks before the braces go on..it will be nice for a little while to not have the device or braces..

I have also been give the all clear to fly so off to Florida we go for my final week of recovery.  Back to work next week.

I guess I have to get used to people seeing me and my gap so here it is....oh and I am a red head now...


No comments:

Post a Comment