Friday, November 13, 2015

2 days post SARPE surgery

Mom  arrived about 10 am to pick me up.  I was discharged pretty soon after.  The nurse went over all of my instructions and medications.  I have an antibiotic, painkiller, 2 nose sprays and Claritin .

We got home about 11am and I went right to bed.  After my pretty sleepless night I need some rest.  I slept off an on for most of the day..waking up to have some broth...still on clear liquids.  I sent Wayne a note to bring me some jello and water ice..so that was my dinner.

I am in some slight pain/ discomfort..my upper lip is really swollen and numb and my teeth hurt.  When I swallow.   I feel like my front tooth is moving..I don't really think it is but it feels weird.  Just the pressure from swallowing is making my teeth hurt.

I feel like I am more swollen this morning.  Looking like a chipmunk who has stocked up all his nuts for the winter in my cheeks..I think today I switch from ice pack to heat.

I am also excited that later today it will be 48 hours since surgery and I can move on to my pudding, ensure etc and not just clear liquids.

Thank you to the O'Sheas and Gabrielian's for the beautiful flower...

I slept ok last night..  I could not really get comfortable and wanted to be sure I took my pain meds every 4 hours..hopefully sleep gets better..but since I don't have anything else to do I am sure I can catch up on my sleep today.  

Once I shower I will post a pic of how I am looking now...

No comments:

Post a Comment