Sunday, November 1, 2015

My first visit to the oral surgeon...

I went to see Dr Taub..again the best in his field.. He has previously done some work on Wayne..which Dr Roberts referred to as parking a car to him- so easy for him he could do it in his sleep....the type of surgery I will have done is what he specializes in..and teaches his residents..He is also the head of the residency program at Thomas Jefferson Universiry.

He had already spoken to Dr Tunjay about what he though needed to be done..Again time for another surprise..I would need SARPE surgery 1st. Surgically assisted rapid palette expansion.   This adds 3-4 months to the whole process which is not a very exciting prospect.  He want to do everything in stages.  Sarpe, braces, then orthognatic  surgery.  Then..beautiful smile..great profile..,lined up bite and breathing easy!

The next step was the approval process with the insurance company.  Dr Taub was confident that there would be no challenge with the approval.  I have a severely constricted airway which is the main rason for the surgery.  I wish that had been figured out earlier.  I have had three surgeries on my nose, and still can't breathe, but turns out it was much bigger than my nose.  Dr Taub also said I must have sleep apnea which can be very dangerous.  Everything was just in the wrong place.  In reviewing my x-rays he also asked if I was in a lot of pain...which I guess I am but have just learned to live with it.  My TMJ joins look like they have been shot up.  This surgery is not the recommended treatment TMJ problems but hopefully as a side benefit it will help.  I am also help it help with my occipital neuralgia/ constant headaches.

Time to relax and wait for the approval...

No comments:

Post a Comment