Monday, November 16, 2015

5 days post surgery..Follow up visit to the Dr..

Day  5 post op.  I had my follow up visit with Dr. Taub this morning.  Everything looks good and healing is coming along.  I still have some swelling and bruising along my jaw line but less than they normally see, so I am in good shape...  I also got a lesson on how to keep the device clean.  It is quite a challenge to brush my teeth since they are very sensitive and since my top lip and the area above my lip are numb is is very difficult to swish around my mouth to rinse really well.    I have been given the all clear to use the water pic , just not in the top front near the stitches.

Dr Taub showed Wayne how to turn the device which we will be doing 2 times per day and amount to about a half a millimeter per day.  Wayne also turned it once in the office...the things we make husbands too...

I though I could stop the Percocet today but after the two turns I am pretty uncomfortable so I will give myself one more day then switch to Tylenol and ibuprofen.

Tuning the device did not really have much feeling ...just pressure and uncomfortable so that was good news.  I was a little anxious about how that would feel.

I received some great gifts and cards today! Stuff to keep me busy ..stuff to eat and stuff to make me smile..Thank you all that have sent some love my way!

I have tried some new food today...yogurt ..cream of wheat and some instant mashed potatoes ...I think I am going for a milkshake next...lol

I am back to the Dr next Tuesday to take a look and see how much more I need to turn and hopefully will be given the all clear to fly on Thursday...hoping to spend my last few day recuperating in Florida..

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration. Your positivity is amazing. Enjoy Florida!
    XO Terry

    ReplyDelete