Monday, November 2, 2015

Pre-surgery testing and a visit to the surgeon

 Today I will have my pre-surgery testing and then a visit to Dr. Taub's office I have put together my list of questions to ask Dr. Taub just to make sure I know what to expect next week .

I was in the pre-testing room about 2 hours.  Met with the intake person, nurse who took my vitals, nurse practitioner who reviewed my history and asked a bunch of questions.  The anesthesiologist who reviewed my medications etc and told me about the process on surgery day.  The finally a tube of blood was drawn.

Then I walked around the corner to Dr Taub's office.  The residents took some pictures I signed the surgery consent form and Dr Taub came in.  His first comment was " this surgery is going to be a walk in the park"  I said for you or me..both he said!  he explained that he is aware of how conscious I iwll be of the gap in my front teeth because of the business I am in but I would have a great story to go along with it..some crazy surgery broke my jaw to move my teeth around....LOL 

I asked quite a few questions about the surgery , after the surgery etc...

Surgery will  take 2-4 hours
I should eat some fresh pineapple the day and 2 before..who knew fresh pineapple had anti inflammatory benefits.
I will be numb around my upper lip for a while.
The device will be activated to about 2mm so I will wake up with a space in my front teeth
I will be on liquids for about a week so need to be sure to add protein to my shakes etc. after a week still soft food but really no chewing allowed for 5-6 weeks.
I will probably stay over night but we can decide after we see how I feel after surgery.
Since I already have plane tickets for two weeks after surgery I asked about flying...he said I should be ok with some anti contestant and nasal spray! Yeah



Ready to go! 9 days until surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment