Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Turning The Torture Device

So we are now three turns in by my amazingly wonderful husband..what a chore to ask your husband to do..but I am not sure how anyone could do it themselves..so he will need to continue to be my official key turner...

I am hoping I am done the process before I get used to it.  It is not painful but you can definitely feel some movement and you can feel the pressure and tightness for a few hours after.  Jut as you start to forget the tightness it is time to turn again.  Right now I cannot see the end of this process because I have not been told how many turns I need to make.  I will see the surgeon and ortho on alternating weeks so they can decided when need to stop based on the position.  Wayne said he did notice the gap was getting larger.  At this point we are probably at about 3.25MM.

8 Turns in Surgery- 2MM
2 Turns on Monday at the Dr Office - .5 MM
2 Turns by Wayne on Tues - .5 MM
1 Turn this morning -/25 mm
Total - 3.25

I have read of some people going back to work after one week and I cannot image at all.  My surgery was one week ago today.  I am still tired, not eating enough to give me energy to work for a full day and talking is quite the chore..glad I have three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment