Saturday, January 7, 2017

surgery day..Wednesday January 4th

So I think I finally have enough strength to update my blog..

Surgery was on Wednesday..we arrived at Jefferson at 745 am..Dr Sumner who was the resident assistant came to see me and when Dr Taub arrived he came to see me..he talked me through the surgery and showed me the digital prints of when he had planned..he said he spent over an hour moving things around to be sure everything was perfect.   I guess one of the challenge I presented was that my upper jaw was very slanted..so he wanted to get that straightneed out as well..I guess slanted is kind of hard to explain...

Surgery began about 1100 and they kept Wayne up to date on when they were starting...I remember entering the room ..getting into position and that is about all.. next think I remember is that it is about 830 pm and I am starting to wake up with the realization that I am wired shut...even though I tried to be prepared for this possibility I was not..

Wayne came to recovery about 900 when I was a little more awake and the first think I tried to tell him is that I was wired...communication was pretty much non-existent at this point so frustration set in pretty quickly...I think I was in and out of  it for a while...they said I was taking a long time to wake up from the anesthesia...

I moved to my room..not exactly sure what time that was..it was a private room which was nice..no one to bother me..Wayne stayed a little longer and left around 1130... the kittens were definitely starving by that time...lol

Day two...

No comments:

Post a Comment