Saturday, January 7, 2017

One Day post op..

The first night I don't think I slept at all...I kept getting really thirsty and tried my best to drink some water through the syringe..but I am definitely not drinking as much water as I needed...and the nurse came to see me about every hour for vitals..so that kind of also made sleeping hard.

My mom arrived about 1230 for a visit...she gave me a nice little face cleaning which also helped me to relax...I have to work very hard at relaxing my jaw and keep it from being so tense which is causing I think the most pain..

Wayne arrived about 3pm.  I am glad they were both there when Dr Taub and Dr Sumner came to fill me in on the surgery.

I first asked Dr Sumner how long I would be wired and he really did not want to commit...then when I asked Dr Taub he was evasive as well.  I think it will just be based on how I am healing...so I will do all I can to make sure that is moving along.

So the reason I ended up being wired...my surgery from last year when my pallette  was expanded still had some spaces in the bone that were not fully closed up ...Dr Taub did not feel as though it was strong enough and he did not want to put the pressure on that top jaw so that led him to decide to wire me shut...he did mention that a few of my brace brackets had come off so I think there was an extra plate or screws or something put there.

Mom stayed until about 500 and wayne until about 600..then it was another sleepless night in the hospital...a little rougher than the first night...because my throats is so swollen and my nose is so stuffed..I feel like I am constantly gasping for air..which kind of freaks me out a bit..I called the nurse about 2 am in tears and just said I just need you to calm me down..I fell like I can't breathe...just getting that sentence out in my state was a chore in it self..l finally called down and she checked me out and all was ok..so I tried again to sleep a little...

I think you can see some swelling going down already...

No comments:

Post a Comment