Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Last Visit with the Surgeon



The first resident came in- took some photos- and them got all the stuff ready for the rest of the process. The first things they do is measure every aspect of your mouth- open close big smile, small smile, etc etc.  Then another more senior resident came in to do the measurements again to be sure they matched.. All spot on.

Mike the resident that will be assisting in the surgery came in to say hello and introduce himself and I asked him a few questions- I made sure she would be keeping an eye on my nose...we don't want it to get too wide.  He said the surgery would be about 7 hours with the chin implant..I asked about the vitamin c etc and he said I don’t really need them- just eat a healthy diet for the next two weeks... So I am not one to break with instructions - so I have stopped all of my over the counter supplements...I am taking a Emergen-C daily - which is 1000MG vitamin C- And will try to figure out how to get some Zinc naturally and I have started eating pineapple daily...- hopefully still getting all the benefits of those supplements that help with healing - inflammation etc.

The did some mold and had me bite into some hard clay...if you have ever had a mold done - gettign it off is quite uncomfortable and especially with braces- None broke and all the lugs are still on but two are a little loose.  I will need to call the ortho about hat.

Dr Taub came in and did the measurements again- again all right on except one- the width of my nose..again one I am most concerned about- When he measured it - I said it would be ok if it was a little narrower...he he he ..

He said a lot of work goes on now behind the scenes- they do a computerized surgery to make a surgical plan- decide how much everything needs to be moved etc- them him and the other will Skye and review it together.

So now i just wait- 8 days until surgery...




No comments:

Post a Comment