Monday, January 9, 2017

Day 5

I am now 5 days post op....I am still waiting to get over the hurdle of the worst part of recovery...I hear it should be coming soon.

It has been a very uneventful few days so not really much to report.  Wayne says the swelling is definitely going down every day.  I do still need the pain meds and even wake up when I am sleeping because of the pain...it is not excruciating..but the pain. Is still there...

I did manage to get down 2 whole protein shakes yesterday , which amounted to about 500 calories...definitely not enough but getting more every day.  Today I will try to see if I can get a smoothies down...I dont't really have much of an appetite either... although I know I need to eat..

Wayne went to work today and my friend Andrea will cone spend the day with me..and my mom will be here later for a few days....nothing like mom taking care of you...

Here are a few pics...the first is last Nov right before my first surgery and the last from today...

Th chin dressing can probably come off today or tomorrow..they said 5 days and that it would probably com off in the shower. Excited  To see what yew chin looks like!




1 comment:

  1. Your looking good Wendy; congratulations. Sounds like you have a good support group. Everyday will get better.

    ReplyDelete