Saturday, January 14, 2017

Post visit notes...

I had my visit with the surgeon on Friday.  Met with the resident first who was very nice and very familiar with my case.  Immediately aid how good I look and that my swelling had gone down a lot.

He asked about the pain, my eating and my weight.  We talked about my pain meds Andrea decided I could go down to just ibuprofen every 4 hours..and the oxy as needed.  I haven't needed it yet since I came home and made the switch so I think I can manage with just the ibuprofen.

He got in and flushed out my teeth with peril you and rinse.  Dr Tunjay came in and took a look and decided I needed a little more brushing to help me out..so yes my surgeon was brushing my teeth,,he did laugh and say..you know I don't do this for everyone..it just beds cause you are so nice..this is definitely under my pay grade..I said I know don't you have residents to do this...he mentioned that he wished he had more pleasant patients like me..

We then did a new char so we could see all the hardware...here is the X-ray..

I have a plate on either side with 6 screws each..then an xplate on my chin..you can see the fracture across my chin that will eventually heal and fill in..I also have lots of l brackets around my upper jaw and you can see the fracture there too.

#bionicwoman

No comments:

Post a Comment