Monday, December 19, 2016

Lugs are in place...OUCH...

Last week was a first..two trips to the orthodontist in one day.  On Thursday the 15th I went to see Dr Tunjay at 1130 am.  He removed my wires...and put a new one in- which he then marked with a sharpie..yes very high tech..for the placement of the lugs..then took the wire back out

I came back to work without a wire at all, which felt kind of strange...but with the clear braces on the top it was almost like I didn't have braces..

I returned to the Dr at 330 PM.  He put the new wires back in with all of the lugs now attached.  I understand it took him about an hour to attached them all to the wire.  Once the wire was in then there was some adjusting twisting turning..who knows what else he was doing...I did hear him explain to a girl training that the lugs need to be tucked in so that they don’t catch on the surgeons gloves during surgery and tear his glove..which would cause him to have to leave surgery and rescrub.

So for the past 4 days I have been trying to get used to them..very uncomfortable..tearing up my mouth etc etc..I am using wax and brace relief..which helps a little....I have to try to talk as little as possible as that is when they rub the most.. 

2 Of my brackets did break off while he was placing the new wire..Top left very back tooth and bottom right very back tooth...he seemed ok with leaving them without a bracket for now.

I have to say at this point my teeth look great..  Very straight and all where they are supposed to be...

This weeks I visit Dr Tunjay for one last check so he can be sure I am all set for surgery...

Then Thursday I will have all of my pre- admission testing done and them my visit to the surgeon for mold measurements etc etc...A fun day I am sure!

I have place a "Last supper" with a group of friends for Thursday night at a restaurant I love since it may be a while before I can eat like that again



No comments:

Post a Comment