Saturday, December 12, 2015

The healing continues

Just a quick update so no one thinks I have abandoned my blog(Peter)..  This week I went back to the gym..very low impact exercises..a yoga basics class and an aqua class in the pool.  I am not quite sure I am ready for much more yet.

I am feeling pretty good..still hungry and would kill for a potato chip right now ...I am dreaming of my first meal when I can eat again..I am thinking a nice filet mignon . yummmm..of course after a potato chip...I am not quite sure exactly when I am allowed to chew again so I will reach out to the surgeon , or his chief resident this week to see what they say before the holiday.  My next appt with them is not until Jan 11th. I would hate to go through Christmas , New Years and a week in Florida not eating real food and then find out that I could have been eating.

I noticed that I have been clenching my teeth a lot and that I get a weird throbbing in my front teeth..but read on someone else's  blog they had the same feelings..so normal I guess..she said that she thought the clenching had to do with getting used to the new bite which is more lined up now than it has even been.  Since I expanded so quickly after only turning the device for one week one side the bite is slide is very slightly over and the other side is perfect but all will be fixed with the braces..

Still counting down to Dec 29th..RPE device removal..Yeah!  17 days..I will checkin again soon!

Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment