Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Follow up visit to the surgeon

I had a follow up with Drs Taub and Palermo today.  They took a look and said everything is healing very nicely and looks great! The did talk about how fast my expansion was..it was mostly due to the direction of my teeth and shape etc.

Based on how many turns I did I thought I was at 6mm but the space between my front teeth is actually 11 mm..which yes is huge...I have been playing around with trying to make a fake tooth but no luck yet figuring it out.

Dr Taub did say he wants to be sure we do not rush closing the gap to ensure all the roots are good and everything heals properly..sounds like longer with the gap than I would like...

Today was my first day back at work and the first day in three weeks that I have not taken a nap.  Since it was a short day it was not so bad.  Talking on the phone is very difficult and hard for someone to understand me.  Talking in general is tiring..still counting the days until the torture device is removed!  27 days to go!

I am still eating soft foods or foods I do not need to chew..which is taking any fun out of eating.  I can barely taste food.  Every seems to think that I would lose a ton of weight..right now it is about 5 lbs...not huge but I will take it.  Hoping to go back to the gym next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment