Wednesday, May 10, 2017

18 Weeks Post Op

Sorry for such a long delay between updates...i guess either not much to report or life has gotten in the way...I think a little of both. 

I had an Appt with the orthodontist on May 1st- he put in my sure smile wire..had a 7am Appointment- not sure why I did that to myself again..it wasn't too bad...but at 7am nothing is good...  I asked how many more wires and he said he had one more but he wasn't sure if he was gong to use that one- so this may be the last wire!

He seems to think that my bottom jaw is shifting and my mid line is off...which s the all important factor of the perfect alignment and smile.  So I have a whole new configuration of rubber bands to wear at night..6 Bands total- Almost feels like being wired shut again..oh the nightmares...but after a little over a week I can tell it is shifting back to where it belongs.  My right side is still pretty numb and I am not chewing on that side at all so it is definitely tighter than the left side which I think makes it seem like it is shifting..but being the medical professional I am , i am sure it is just the tightness.

The same day I saw Dr Tunjay I also saw Dr Taub in the afternoon - really for just a visit...he is completely happy with how everything looks and not at all worried about my mid line.. he says Tunjay is looking at tiny millimeters that he can fix orthodontically and I am looking at the bigger picture and I think you look great!  he did tell me I need to do more exercises to get my mouth open wider-  about three fingers wide is the goal..and to really push and stretch...he said you can't really hurt anything at this point so just push yourself...I am at a little more than 2 fingers now...3 seems  crazy wide!   I won't see him again for another 4 months..just for another check in..

I go back to Dr Tunjay on The 30th for ??/ I am not sure what? tightening?  check up?  I have not asked but would really love my braces to be off before my trip to Spain on June 30th but it is coming up very quickly!  We will be celebrating out 10th anniversary while in Spain!

One very exciting development !  I took my first bite of something without actually having to cut it up!  My teeth are still pretty week so having to bite something and pull or tear it is something I am not quite ready for yet but this was a soft soft pretzel with egg and cheese inside( made by the amish at the Reading Terminal Market) DELICIOUS!  they are so soft I was able to bite right through and enjoy it!  Looking forward to the day of biting into an apple or a piece of pizza again!

I did post my first full face pic to Facebook in over a year and a half...This is from Easter-  Out for a walk with my mom..my smile is still wonky but getting there...












No comments:

Post a Comment