Saturday, February 4, 2017

Not a good day...30 days post op

I woke up very excited..well trying not to be too excited.  On my last appt the Dr said I could probably get unwired on this visit.  He said he would be out of town but his chief resident , who was there, would see me.  He verified with the resident that he would be in ththe office and the appt was booked.

My appt was at 1130 on Friday.  I arrived and the nurse took me back and took my blood pressure..she said Dr Courtney was not actually there right now and she thought he was at the hospital but another resident would page him.

A few minutes later she came back and said he was actually with another Dr at a different office and  she asked if I wanted to reschedule , to which I quickly replied no I was to get unwired today..she said another resident could take care of it.

A few minutes later a resident came in and introduced himself and said he would call Dr Taub or Dr Courtney.  He got Dr Courtney on the phone and was in the room with me..he asked how everything looked etc etc..and asked when I would be going to Florida, I had asked about planning a trip on my last appt. , he said ok let's leave her as she is also Dr Taub can take a look next week..when he got off the phone and told me that I lost it a little bit..he asked if everything was ok and I just said..I really wanted to get out of the wires today...he understood but said since I was Dr Taub's patient he should really see me before proceeding...I regained my composure and we booked and appt for Thursday.

I asked about being  banded and what that would mean for eating..he said it would definitely give me a little more space and I could have things like scrambled eggs...I am now dreaming of scrambled eggs..I also asked about anything I need to be concerned about for the airport and he said no since the plates are pretty much pure titanium it would not be an issue.

They seemed to be very concerned about my weight on this visit..asking what I was eating was I getting enough calories and even took my weight.  Before surgery I gained a few extra pounds knowing I would be losing weight.  I am down about 12 pounds right now which I am completely ok with I would even be ok with a few more but at the same time I am tryi to be sure I am getting enough protein and nutrients which gets hard each day and I getting sick of eating the same things.

I have to say one of the things I was most looking forward to was brushing my teeth..the back side of my teeth are gross...I try to swish cleaner and waterpic but it just can clean the back...so looking forward to brushing my teeth for like 15 minutes .

So I will stick it out for one more week...don't really have a choice ..

Latest side view..still pretty swollen..







No comments:

Post a Comment