Friday, October 27, 2017

Removing the stitch..

So I paid a visit to the surgeon yesterday..the one stitch that he used that was not a fall out kind was infected and had to be removed.

One of the residents came in and checked everything out and gave me the shots to get me all numb..well I definitely have some feeling back.  Those shots brought some tears to my eyes...the procedure was pretty quick..Dr Taub came in and got the stitch out and showed it to me and then stitched me closed...this one will fall out in a week or so.

Another update is my latest visit to the dentist.  I was told that I would eventually need to have my crowns replaced since crowns cannot be moved orthodontically..so I thought we would do each quadrant ..a few at a time..well it turns out in order to have my bite right they all have to be done at the same time!!!  This does not excite me at all..I guess I will be glad to get them all done and be over with it..but pretty much all of my back teeth are crowns..I won't even begin to tell you the  cost...the first prep appt will be 5-6 hours in the chair...

On my visit a few weeks ago they took pictures , measurements and molds, they will send all of that to the lab where they will figure out my perfect bite and what crowns need to be replaced etc etc..maybe they won't be all of them that need to be replaced but I am not holding my breath...

Every time I think the end is in sight  it gets pushed back a little further...my plan would be to have this started this year and finished In Jan when new ins and health care spending money kicks in...

No comments:

Post a Comment