Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Preparing for Surgery

I have been reading a lot of blogs, chat groups etc trying to get all the info to be fully prepared for my surgery.

A few things I already have on hand:

Paw-Paw lip ointment- recommended by lots of people in my chat groups!
Eye covers and ear plugs for the Hospital so I can try to get some rest
Note pad and pen for the hospital to communicate
Comfy clothes for the hospital and for home
A Humidifier
dental tweezers to help place band when needed - Amazon  - OdontoMed2011 Dental College Tweezer Serrated 6" College Plier
Face exfoliator - recommend by another surgery patient...that it feels really good after surgery- I bought Natural Aqua gel Cure Exfoliator - Amazon
Baby toothbrush
Plastic Ketchup bottles - To help with liquids
Saline spray
lots of qtips
Lots of wash cloths- I hear they are needed for the excessive drooling....


I am also working on loading up my book library and my Netflix and Prime library
 

I have done some research on what supplements will help with the healing process.

I will begin taking Vitamin c- 1000 MG a day, Zinc 30 MG per day and Bromelain( this is the nutrient that is in Pineapple- it has anti inflammatory properties)   I am already taking the Vitamin C and will start the Zinc and the Bromelain about 2 weeks before surgery-  I also have all of them in liquid form for after surgery. Of course I will review all of this with the Dr and the Anesthesiologist

In the next few weeks I am going to test out some shakes and count some calories to be sure I am getting enough calories during the time I am banded shut and strictly on liquids - could be 2-4 weeks.

 I am scheduled for my pre-surgey testing and my visit with the surgeon on Dec 22nd.  Pre-surgery testing should take about 3 hours- That is about how long it took last time-  I meet with the Nurses, Anesthesiologist get an EKG etc etc and ensure I am all ready for surgery.  I will them go from the appt right to meet with Dr Taub for molds measurements etc etc...I have Not seen Dr Taub since Aug back when I still had a gap!

I will also be getting a cleaning this week with my regular dentist-  I thought it would be a good idea to have a professional cleaning done prior to surgery




No comments:

Post a Comment