Monday, July 18, 2016

Where we are now...

At this point I am visiting the orthodontist every 2 weeks to have my wires replaced a  new power chain placed across my front teeth to get the gap closed...it is getting pretty small now...still dealing with the stubborn root issue which has just started to hurt again.   I am hoping that doesn't mean a further delay for my surgery date.  Everything needs to be straight and my teeth need a little time to get comfortable in their new place before surgery.

I got back to see Dr Taub in a few weeks ..if the gap is closed we will start doing some molds in prep for surgery.

I have found a chat group of people from around the world who either are going through or have recently gone through surgery.  It is very helpful to hear what works during recovery and how it has been.  The experiences are very different...some going back to work as early as 3 weeks ..which seems crazy since most people do not really seem to be able to sleep for the first few week more than an hour or two at a time..also learning what you need for recovery has been helpful..especially the severely chapped lips and the best thing to use.

All for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment