Friday, June 10, 2016

The Gap is back

Went to the Orthodontist yesterday for a tightening and lots of other stuff that did not feel so great...The have removed the Pontif..( Fake tooth) to give the gap the space it needs to close up now..The Dr says it will be 2-3 more visits until the gap is closed- which is 6-9 more weeks..The gap is about the size of Madonna's gap when she choose to have one..but I am not used to having one so I am very self conscious about it and the braces are over it with the power chains and another contraption on my front teeth for the weird root thing I have going on - which Dr Tunjay has confirmed is slowing down my preparation for my 2nd suregey.

We need to get my roots back in place .. right now their shape and the work the braces has done so far is pushing to very upper part of the root out so we need to redirect the teeth so the root will be redirected back in...there are little brackets on the front of my teeth that you have to look pretty closely to see but they cause quite a good deal of pain...

I asked Dr Tunjay is his very educated opinion when I would be ready for the 2nd surgery- and asked November?  he agreed that 6 more months sounded right and that it would have been sooner without the set back of the root issue...That was always the date I had thought so to me I guess it was not really a set back...

Usually after a tightening the pain lasts about 2 days so hopping tomorrow is better...

Off to See Dr Taub( Surgeon) on the 24th and back for a tightening on the 30th...

No comments:

Post a Comment