Wednesday, January 27, 2016

12 weeks post sarpe surgery

So I thought I would just check in...I am now 12 weeks post surgery and 9 weeks since I stopped turning my device.  Which when you think about it really is not that long...so when I have those thought will I ever be able to eat normally again and enjoy a sandwich or a burger forces me to bring myself back to reality and realize it really has not been that long.

I checked in with the orthodontist to be sure that once the braces are put once I would still have some type of tooth to fill in  the gap and I was assured there would be.  That is a relief.

I have starting eating food that is a little more solid...pieces of a potato chip here and there but still being careful.  I want to be sure everything is healing the way it is supposed to.

I keep my retainer in all the times except when I am eating to keep my pallete stable and let it heal properly.  Which has help me to lose about 10 pounds since surgery.  I have gone back to the gym but still only yoga and water exercise..I tried the treadmill one day and not quite ready for that yet.


Feb 18 braces go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment